Introducing WordPress Pro: One Plan, Infinite Possibilities
Our mission has always been to democratize publishing, one website at a time. Now we’re making all the benefits of WordPress available to more people, with one simple pricing plan.
One thing we heard over the years was how hard it can be to choose the right upgrade plan when you’re ready to scale up from Free.
WordPress Pro radically simplifies that decision by rolling the very best of managed WordPress hosting into a single, affordable plan at just $15/month (paid annually).
50,000+ Plugins in Your Pocket
Plugins are powerful add-ons that make it simple to add limitless functionality to your website in just a few clicks. No coding necessary. With WordPress Pro we’re opening the doors to this unlimited array of extra features at half the price of our previous Business plan.
A Universe of Beautifully Designed Themes
Along with thousands of free themes available, Pro also unlocks a range of beautiful, Premium themes, with more to come in the future. Whatever your goals, you’ll find a hand-crafted, flexible theme to transform your design in minutes, not months. No designer necessary.
From Site to Store in a Couple of Clicks
If you’re ready to start selling, WordPress Pro includes everything from simple payments, donations, and subscriptions, to full-blown stores.
WooCommerce – one of the most popular ecommerce platforms on the planet – is baked into your Pro plan. Not only does that bring raw, almost infinitely expandable options to your store, it also means you’ll pay significantly less than those other e-commerce options you see in ads everywhere.
Anytime Support, Any Time You Need It
Sometimes you need a little extra help getting it done. WordPress Pro customers can get a helping, human hand with Premium Support over live chat and email. If you’re stuck, we’re here to get you unstuck.
Managed WordPress Hosting For the Rest of Us
WordPress is all about the right to do it yourself.
With cheap hosting, or even a Raspberry Pi on your counter, you can put up a site in minutes for pocket change. But you’ll run into hours of hands-on maintenance, quickly hit speed, security, and hosting limits, and spend a significant amount of your time keeping it running. Managed Hosting takes away that pain, but often at a significantly higher price.
WordPress.com and the new WordPress Pro plan aim to give you the raw power, flexibility, and hassle-free experience of Managed Hosting, without the huge price tag that usually comes with it.
In addition to the headline features of Pro, you’ll get:
- Custom domain names without a separate subscription
- SEO features that make your site easy to find.
- Social media tools to promote your website.
- Hyper-secure protection from DDOS, brute force, and other attacks that could take your site down overnight
- Super-strong, real-time, automated backups spanning multiple locations, so if the worst ever happens, you’re covered
- The fastest site speeds of any managed hosting on the planet
- SFTP access to your files
- And much more
That means you’ll enjoy a fast, secure, search optimized site, without having to spend countless hours on updates, fixes, and technical maintenance.
What About Free?
Our Free plan isn’t going away.
It’s important to WordPress.com that anyone, anywhere can put up a blog or a site, whatever their situation. With the Free plan you’ll still be able to get the word out, create a beautiful site, and take advantage of the fastest WordPress managed hosting on the planet. And when you’re ready to scale up your ambitions, WordPress Pro will be waiting in the wings.
How This Affects Your Current Plan
While we’re making a few changes to the Free plan, rest assured that if you’re already signed up, nothing will change for you. Ditto, if you’re on one of our legacy plans, nothing will change unless you want it to.
Going forward, new signups and sites will integrate smoothly into our new Free and Pro plans.
Your Money Goes Further. And Further.
WordPress Pro is more than just a simple, competitive way to enjoy rock-solid, super-fast, hyper secure WordPress hosting without the hassle.
Every dollar you spend on your plan helps us to:
- Support WordPress.com Free plan users around the world, whatever their circumstances. This is more important than ever in 2022.
- Sponsor the work of 90+ dedicated developers working on the free, open source WordPress project as part of the Five for the Future initiative. That helps to ensure that WordPress will always be free, open, hackable, and hostable by anyone.
We’re Here For You
We’re listening to your feedback, and want to be clear that it will, as always, shape the future of WordPress.com.
With that in mind, we’re committing to:
- No traffic limits on either the Free or Pro plan. You’ll enjoy the same unlimited traffic you’ve always had.
- The new Free plan storage limit will include 1GB of Free storage, and existing Free users will keep the 3GB they already have on hand.
- Additional storage will be available for purchase at a very reasonable price, very soon.
- As-you-need them add-ons for both plans, to give you a la carte upgrades. Coming soon.
It’s important that we keep things simple, honest, and clear in everything we do, and we’re looking forward to hearing from you about your plans, feedback, and ideas!
We totally understand that you might have additional questions about the changes. We’ve answered more of your questions in our FAQ here.